Harper Construction, Inc., was founded in 1949 by J.M. (Bill) Harper. The firm operated in Paducah, KY in various partnership arrangements from the 1940’s to the 1960’s, undertaking two or three construction projects at a time, and establishing a reputation for quality work with area owners, subcontractors, and suppliers.
In the late 1960’s Harper Construction joined with another construction firm in the management of an 8 million-dollar hospital addition. At that point, Harper Construction expanded from general commercial construction into industrial construction and began to establish a pattern of growth in Western Kentucky.
In the mid-1970’s, after recognizing an impending influx of concrete paving in Western Kentucky, the company branched-out into slip form highway and airport paving, as well as other forms of heavy construction primarily related to concrete work.
In 1996, Harper Construction established a structures division (primarily involved in bridge related construction) in Nesbit, Mississippi. This addition has proven to be a wise investment.
Continuing on the path of growth and diversification Harper Construction has now begun pursuing residential and commercial concrete paving projects in the Houston, Texas market.